Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why am I writing this blog?

At 26 years old I have already been a bridesmaid in four weddings and helped out planning and organizing another two, not to mention the countless ones I've attended as a guest. I love weddings and more specifically I love planning them but alas I am not yet engaged.

Until recently I thought I was alone in my obsession to plan my own wedding, down to the nitty gritty details, subscribing to Martha Stewart Weddings (much to the bafflement of my boyfriend...one day babe, one day...) and attending wedding shows but then I decided to go outside of my normal website reads of The Knot and Martha and search through blogs for inspiration and found heaven!

I am not alone! There are others like me. And because I love making lists and researching I am going to use this blog to document my pursuit of the perfect wedding...for me!

Here is an overview of my vision and challenges:

1. I want a beautiful, prairie chic wedding on an affordable budget, currently I'm working with $10,000 but my maximum is $15,000. I refuse to spend more.
2. I have a large family on my mother's side that is very close, so my side of the guest list is AT LEAST 100 but could be as high as 150 and I'm guessing my future fiance's will be about 50. This means cutting the guest list to save money isn't an option, unless I want my family to disown me.
3. I need a venue that can hold my guest list but allow me to stay on budget while still maintaining the prairie chic feel that I want. I haven't been able to find that yet in my area - a prairie province in Canada.
4. Luckily I love DIY and plan to do as much myself as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment