Monday, July 12, 2010

My wedding day nemesis


Having an outside wedding, the mosquito is a bigger concern for me then the weather. My venue is large enough that I can do the ceremony inside if I have to. I won't be happy but at least we'll be dry.


I am currently deciding on the best way to combat the unwanted mosquitoes. Since the venue is at a private park they don't fog but will let my father do so on the wedding day, they aren't happy about it but they didn't say no so we're doing it.

I'm mainly concerned about the ceremony as its on the grass, as well as late at night when the mosquitoes tend to come out more. So I am planning on providing a basket of bug spray for people to apply liberally through out the night.


And my mister's parents just bought a Off! Power Pad that seems to be working for them and I noticed that a few other friends have them so I thought I'd pick two up for our yard and gather up as many as I can on the wedding day.


Here's one of my budget loop holes; I do not think I should have to account for the actually cost of the Off!Power Pad lanterns ($15/each), just the refills that I will use the night of the wedding. I don't think I'm being 'tricky' as I actually will use the lanterns at home this season and going forward. I don't think it should matter that my main objective for these are my wedding!

2 comments:

  1. I would seriously consider getting one for each of the tables (and 2 or 3 for the head table)and perhaps some sort of things for by the dance floor.
    I know its going to be pricey but it is kind of the price you pay for having an outdoor wedding in Manitoba.
    The fogging will work fine for the ceremony, and bug spray is a nice touch but man even if they are not biting you but just buzzing around it kills the mood.
    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft - We live in MB, aren't we used to these pests by now? I say "Suck it up" to the guests. If you want to complain, don't come. My way to combat unwanted bugs is to drink to the point of not caring.

    ReplyDelete