Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have a dress

Previously I mentioned that my sister offered to let me wear her wedding dress.



{My sister & brother-in-law}

This weekend my sister was visiting and I was able to try on her dress. I was initially worried that it might not fit the bodice as we are not the same size (she has a wider back but smaller breasts then me), as well as the length as I am almost 4" taller then her and want to wear heals while she wore flip flops.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it fits the bodice and I have room to loose some weight if I want (since it looks like I have a back bum I think its more of a must then a 'want') and although the dress is shorter on me in my heals only the toes peek out so I might not even bother altering the length as it doesn't look bad.

I've talked with my 'future' mother-in-law and she is going to track down material and pattern to make me a little jacket with a high collar, which will make the dress look a little different then when my sister wore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment