Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools...Hilarious?

This morning on my way to work I get a text from my sister informing me that my brother and his girl friend are engaged. I then get a second message from my best friend asking if it is true.

What the F**K! Is my first thought.

Then I remember that my brother tried calling me last night so I assume that was the reason why.

And then I start thinking that my 19yr old brother SHOULD NOT be engaged before me. I mean come on! I'm freakin' 27yrs old. He hasn't even left his teens!!! (He turns 20 this summer).

I'm ashamed to admit that I kinda got a little choked up as I dialed his cell phone number. No answer.

Called his girlfriend's number, got her but he wasn't around and she said she didn't know why he would be calling yesterday. Arrrgh, at this point it still doesn't dawn on me that its April Fools and that they could be making this crap up. I'm annoyed when I hang up as I assume she's being secretive about the engagement...not really rational since she posted it on facebook.

I finally get through to him and apparently he was only calling about his trip down to visit me next week, and when I mentioned the 'engagement' news he laughs and says that was his gf's idea of an April Fools joke. Ughhhh. Not funny but all I could think was 'I still have time to get engaged before him'. Sad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment