Friday, March 27, 2009

What about burgers?

I know I mentioned in my previous post that I was thinking of a menu that consisted of BBQ'd chicken, mashed potatoes and vegetables but what about going in another direction? Others have blogged about weddings that go in a different directions and before I really didn't like the idea for myself but now I really am liking the idea of burgers and other picnic fair (maybe I'm just hungry).

I really like the idea of a wedding that is more of a family/friend reunion. A low key, casual event but food is very important to me and I don't want people to feel like I'm cutting corners so I've stayed away from the idea of a burger style menu previously.

What do you think? For those that know my friends and family would they be receptive to this, if presented with a bit of class?

1 comment:

  1. Burgers sound fun!! I saw a picture of a great wedding with little burgers and fries in cones. Sooo much fun! Besides weddings can get soooo stuffy and boring. When I finally get married, I want mine to be a huge party no one will ever forget :0)

    ReplyDelete