Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pressures

We drove to my parents' place last weekend to visit my family, something we hadn't done since Christmas as we are spoiled with my family continuously travelling our way for appointments and just plain old visits.

When we were driving home on Sunday, the BF commented on the fact that there sure was a lot of pressure on us to get married now, from my mother and others. He wasn't exaggerating and I'm partially to blame as I didn't discourage the comments.

Example:
My mother's best friend's 8 year old granddaughter - "Are you married?" No. "Are you engaged?" LOL No but why don't you ask him why that is... BF's response "Uhhh..."

I told him not to stress about it and to consider it a huge compliment that at least he KNOWS my family likes him. I didn't hear this 'pressure' when I was with my ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment