Friday, May 1, 2009

Negotiations...

Yesterday's email conversation went like this...

Him: "tell you what...You start making a fitness commitment by going to the gym 4 times a week, start getting into better shape and I will go camping with you. Deal? " (to clarify he's concerned that I've been skipping out on the gym lately with the excuse that work has been busy)

Me: "Well if this is a negotiation now, I feel like I’m having to put in a lot more effort than you are….."

Him: "Just an idea. If you think it isn't fair, be honest. I'm trying to help you here! "

Me: "Well I appreciate the help. Sweeten the deal and you got a motivated girl!"

Him: "How?" (How terrible is it that at this point my mind is screaming "Ask me to marry you?!")

Me: "I don't know, this was your idea" (I'm lying but I'm definitely not going to share what's going through my head)

Him: "I'll think about it but you should to. That's called negotiation" ("Ask me to marry you and you got a deal!" Right...anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment