Monday, April 11, 2011

Putting my look together: Dress Progress

For the most part, Sunday dinners are spent at my Mr's parents. This Sunday's dinner was also a dress fitting. Now that my FMIL has received some guidance on how to raise my hem with out cutting the dress, she has started with the alteration. There were a small cluster of clear beads on the right hip, as well as a few strings of beads hanging from the cluster (although after the dry cleaners there was only one string left), so she extended the cluster across the seam from right to left, and added 3 more strings of beads. She then tacked the hem up and used matching bead clusters around the skirt to cover the tacking. This picture doesn't show the beads that well but it gives you an idea of how it will look... Additionally, she started on my crinolines. I went to Walmart and picked up a $12 white slip and she is sewing the layers onto it, rather then making a skirt from scratch. Why re-invent the wheel, right!? Currently she has one layer done...


Lastly, one of the ways I plan to make the dress unique for me is adding a belro. She matched the material to the dress before she bought it. I asked for a ruffled collar and cuffs on the sleeves. This is what she has done so far...

When she made it she had me try in on with my tank top on but now putting it on with the corseted wedding dress it hangs a little loose so she is make a few adjustments and tightening it.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment