Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making the Playlist: Finding our First Dance...

I love dancing...



{Personal Photo: A night in Vegas...}

But my mister does not feel the same. I think I might have him gotten on the dance floor 4 times in our three and a half years together, and even then it was to the last slow dance of the evening and we swayed back and forth like you do at a high school dance.

So creating an entrance like this...



... is not going the happen. Nor am I going to be able to pull off a first dance like this...



But I kept persisting that I wanted to do something other then swaying back and worth, so one day my mister came home with an announcement. He had thought it over and wanted to offer a compromise. He would agree to take dance lessons with me, IF I promised that we would not have to do a surprise dance at the ceremony or reception. And the dance had to be classic.

Sold! To fully appreciate this offer you need to understand how much he really hates to dance. He has absolutely NO interest in it. This was a definite "I love you" moment and I quickly shook on it, tossing away any fleeting ideas of boogieing down the aisle.

So now before I can figure out what our First Dance Song will be I have to determine what our first DANCE will be. I'm currently leaning towards a fox trot but we will probably end up with a waltz. I suppose it we will figure it out once I find us a dance studio to take our private lessons.

This might be a wedding expense but I feel it will be something we can use for the rest our lives. No more swaying back and forth for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment