Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Morning of our Wedding:Hair & Makeup

Although I tried my hardest to have a DIY & budget friendly wedding, I knew that I would not be able to achieve the professional look in my pictures that I wanted if we did our own makeup. Luckily my MOH K's assistant knew of a guy that works for MAC and freelances on the side...he is amazing. Unfortunately we didn't have time to drive into the city and back that morning and he doesn't drive, which meant that his friend, a hair dress, was a package deal. The next hiccup was they both had to work in the afternoon so could only do our hair and makeup in the morning. We weren't worried about our makeup as we felt that would last while we set up the ceremony and reception, and into the night. Our hair on the other hand was a concern, we were worried that the humidity would flatten our styles before the ceremony started but they assured us that they had done this multiple times and everything would look amazing until we went to bed.

They arrived at 8am and started making us look beautiful...

...I was most excited about getting fake eyelashes, something I had never tried before. I love them!!! I don't have think lashes like my sister or other bridesmaids so I was all over that idea when he first told me he would be bringing them with him and I am so happy we did them because I think they made me like that much more beautiful. In fact I can't wait for the next opportunity to use them again...




With myself, 3 bridesmaids and my mother to apply make up to and style hair, we were done by 10 am and ready to tackle a morning of setting up. We had to be back at the camper for 2pm so it was now crunch time...

No comments:

Post a Comment