Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our first dance


We chose to start our reception with our first dance. Mainly so that it was fresh in our minds and my Mr didn't have to stress about it during dinner and speeches, as we had snuck in some practice during our photo session.



As I think I've mentioned before, my Mr and I took dance lessons for two months prior to our wedding, to learn how to two step as our first dance would be to "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland. There was a minor melt down at the end of the first month where my Mr decided that he would never get it and wanted to quit but he stuck with it and I think we pulled it off, especially when we started all I wanted to do was lead and he didn't feel comfortable stopping me!

One of our guests was kind enough to take video and share it with me so I've uploaded it to vimeo.com to share with you. Enjoy!



Our First Dance from Carmen Kaethler on Vimeo.

If you either can't watch it or don't want to right now here are a few shots our photography got of us while we spun around the floor.



I am so happy we decided to take lessons, rather then just play it safe and sway back and forth. It was one of my favorite memories of the night and it made our mothers and grandmothers day! We received a lot of compliments and even some good natured teasing at the fact that my Mr counted out loud as we danced...Quick, Quick, Slow, Slow! But I needed him to do that as I was extremely concerned about tripping on my dress...it turned out to be too short to pull up with the wrist brace but slightly too long that my heals caught a bit of the hem during turns. All in all I think it turned out great.

Did you decided to take dance lessons or do something different for you first dance?

{Photos By Darren Hull Studios}

1 comment:

  1. where did you take your dance lessons? Arthur murrays? Were they expensive?

    ReplyDelete