Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Ceremony: Making Our Commitment to Each Other - Part 2

*For those that read my blog via google reader or other feeds may have seen a variation of the post a few weeks ago. My edits didn't save and it didn't look like it was suppose to so here's how it should have read...

My turn had finally arrived and with my vows safely in my hand, thanks to my BM K's husband, I started...

My Mr - ever since I was a little girl- I’ve been dreaming of the day I’d find someone I love enough to share a life with.

I’ve always known the type of wedding I wanted, surrounded by family and friends I love, but I never knew the type of man that I would want standing by my side. Our love was never a fairy tale where I fell head over heels in love at first sight but my love was honest and grew naturally as I slowly fell in love with all of the quirks that make you the person for me.

You bring balance to my chaotic life and for that I love you. I love that you are practical and have a rational mind. I love that we can laugh together even when you choose to say the most inappropriate things. And that your geeky side comes out when you and your brother recite lines from obscure movies to quiz each other.

You are honest and dependable. You show passion and understanding every day that we are together, and for that, I love you.


I vow that I will always be honest with you and will listen to you with an open mind. That I will continue to make time for us to just cuddle on the couch to watch an episode of our latest TV favourite or taking an afternoon walk.

I will communicate openly with you and patiently repeat myself when you inevitably forget.


I will be your calming voice when things get to be too much for you and you start to worry.


Lastly, I vow to stand beside you through everything life throws our way and smile because I have you.


With all that I have and all that I am –in the only way I know how- I promise to love you forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment