Friday, March 4, 2011

Putting together My Look: The Shoes

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I don't always obsess about the usual aspects of planning a wedding. One of those aspects that I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about is the shoes I will be wearing. Mainly because I decided very early in our engagement that I would be wearing a pair that I already own.

My MOH K had bought me beautiful blue shoes for my birthday a few years ago and I think they match our wedding colors extremely well. Here I am at my university graduation, ignoring the suggestion to wear black sedate shoes with my robe, wearing them...

My future MIL has taken them and had them polished by a shoemaker and is holding them hostage so that I don't wear them again until June...which is probably a good idea since there has been many times that I would have.

Not having to buy new shoes means that I have more room in my budget for other things that are a higher priority to me, like paying for my bridal parties outfits and food.

Do you have higher priorities in your budget? Have you chosen to reuse items you already own or borrow, rather then shelling out a fortune on wedding related items?

No comments:

Post a Comment